WSHRMA Job Bank
Viewing Job: Human Resources Manager
Pacific Research Laboratories, Inc.
The Human Resources Manager will develop, manage, implement and integrate HR programs,
policies, and procedures in support of organizational objectives. This position will report directly to
• Develop strong business relationships with management and client groups.
• Partner with department managers to develop and implement recruitment strategies to
meet current or anticipated staffing needs. Ensure recruitment and staffing of hourly
and salaried positions conforms with local, state, and federal laws pertaining to
• Administer compensation programs, including but not limited to conducting wage
surveys and administering wage and salary schedules and merit increases associated
with the performance evaluation program.
• Counsel employees and managers on employee relations issues. Conduct investigations
and make conclusions and recommendations based on findings.
• Maintain knowledge of, and ensure compliance with, all federal and state laws, including
administering and maintaining accurate records.
• Develop, implement, or present training programs to client groups.
• Administer and monitor the health benefit program, Worker’s Compensation, safety, and
• Ensure accuracy in enrolling, processing, and maintaining records of 401K plan.
• Facilitate an open and inclusive environment that enables effective employee relations.
• Drive and support HR initiatives that are aligned to the business strategy.
• Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree in Human Resources is preferred.
• 5-7 years of directly applicable HR experience or an equivalent combination of
• Demonstrated competence in employee relations, coaching, and knowledge of
employment laws (i.e. EEOC guidelines, FLSA, and ADA) required.
• Must have excellent time management, problem solving, interpersonal, and
• Clear, concise, and professional written and oral communication skills are essential.
• Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work well in an
environment with competing demands.
• Excellent customer service skills, including attention to producing quality results.
• Proficient with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Vashon Island is located five miles south of the north end ferry terminal which services Fauntleroy (West Seattle) and Southworth (Port Orchard). The economy is heavily based on residents commuting to Seattle and Tacoma. The pace on the island is a bit slower than the surrounding cities and the attitude is more relaxed. It is considered to be the “Heart of the Sound” with views of water and
mountains at every corner.
Sawbones’ Employee Owners share in the company’s profitability through its Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP). Employees enjoy a diverse, creative, and friendly environment where
their contributions are recognized and they can genuinely enjoy the fruits of their labor. To become a part of our team please submit your resume through our website at www.sawbones.com, click About
Us, and then click Job Opportunities.
For additional information, please visit: http://www.sawbones.com/
Pacific Research Laboratories, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer